Which Orthodontic System Is Best For Your Smile?
Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that focuses on straightening teeth. For a long time, people only had one option to straighten teeth: band and bracket braces. In recent decades, since the invention of Invisalign, more and more patients, including many of ours at Athol Family Dentists, have been using this new system to correct the alignment of their teeth. But is one option better than the other?
Advantages Of Traditional Braces
- Traditional braces can correct complex and severe cases, including issues related to a misaligned jawbone
- They have more range in terms of the issues they can address
- People of any age can use them to effectively straighten their teeth
- Modern braces have different materials to choose from – you’re no longer limited to the metal “train tracks” look
- Other than at-home care, there’s very little maintenance patients need to commit to.
Advantages Of Invisalign
- The aligners feel comfortable in your mouth and don’t have any sharp, poking edges
- They look great and are almost invisible, so there’s no need for adults or kids to feel self-conscious while wearing them
- Other than twice-daily brushing, flossing, and removing the aligners while eating, the system is incredibly low-maintenance
- You can take them off for up to two hours a day, if needed.
Both of these options are effective and have their benefits, however, they’re best used in slightly different applications.
If you need to talk to a dentist in Athol about which orthodontics device is best for your smile, call Athol Family Dentists today!