COVID-19 Keeping Our Patients, Team, And Community Safe
At Athol Family Dentists, our first and foremost goal is to help you and your family achieve optimal oral and overall health.
For everyone these days, staying healthy is a top priority – and for many, a visit to the dentist may be far from mind. Let us assure you of two things: dentistry is an essential health service, and the dentist’s office is one of the safest places for you to visit. After all, we are designed to prevent the spread of infectious disease, and we have always followed the strict mandates and recommendations of our governing bodies. A dental practice has become one of the most sterile atmospheres you can be in next to a hospital operating room.
Throughout all restriction levels we could experience today and in the future, medical appointments (dentistry is included) are considered essential. To help you get the critical professional oral care you need and want, here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe.
Our Focus Is On Your Safety.
Along with our already-stringent equipment and treatment room sterilization protocols, we are committed to:
- Taking your temperature upon arrival to check for fever.
- Rescheduling appointments for any patients showing symptoms or other risk factors.
- Providing alcohol-based hand gel throughout our practice in addition to soap, water, and single-use towels.
- All patients rinse with hydrogen peroxide to reduce the viral/bacterial load in their mouths.
- Sterilizing all non-treatment areas, including restrooms, waiting areas, and consultation rooms according to a strict routine and protocol – just like we’ve always done. Rest assured that door handles will be sanitized after each use.
In addition, we are also…
- Wearing full PPE, e.g., masks, face shields, gloves, and don’t worry ... you’ll still see our smiles in our eyes!
- Changing from our street clothes into working clothes when we arrive, and vice versa when we leave for the day.
- Each hygienist uses an external aerosol vacuum during treatment to eliminate airborne pathogens.
- Social distancing by limiting the number of people in the practice at one time.
- Encouraging all new patients to complete and submit your confidential intake form online before your visit.
- And we encourage the use of laser bacterial reduction before treatment – just ask for details!
As COVID-19 continues to move through our community, it brings so many life changes, questions, and new practices at home, work, school, and the dental office. We thoroughly appreciate that venturing away from home may cause anxiety. That’s why, in addition to safety, we’re focusing on two more areas to help you feel confident, comfortable, and safe at your next appointment.
If you have any questions whatsoever about attending our practice, please call! One of our team members will be happy to speak with you, clearly and honestly.
Treatment Plan Fulfilment
To ensure your most beautiful and healthy smile, we must continue to be proactive with your dental care, taking a preventive approach. If you’ve missed even one dental appointment, please call us today! Let’s get you back on track to achieve and maintain the excellent oral and overall health you deserve.